If you have just replaced your cell phone, you may be wondering how to transfer data from your old phone to the new one. Fortunately, there are several simple and efficient ways to move your contacts from one device to another. In this article, we will explore the easiest and most practical methods for transferring contacts between cell phones. Here are some ways to transfer contacts from your old phone to your new one:
GOOGLE ACCOUNT SYNCHRONIZATION
To transfer your contacts, take advantage of the synchronization feature with your Google account on your smartphone. First, save your contacts in your native Google account. This eliminates the need for any complicated or manual steps to move your contacts. Simply add the same Google account to both of your Android smartphones. After this crucial step, the contacts will synchronize automatically, including imported contacts from WhatsApp to your new phone.
If you don’t already have your contacts saved in your Google account, you’ll need to import them before you can access them. Follow these steps:
- Open the “Contacts” application and select “Google Contacts”.
- Click on “Settings”.
- Choose the “Import” option.
- Locate the location where your contacts are saved and select them.
- Click “Next”.
- Select the Google account where you want to transfer your contacts.
- Choose all the contacts you want to transfer and proceed with the transfer.
Once the transfer is complete, you can add this Google account to your new device and your contacts will be automatically synced to it.
TRANSFERS WITH WI-FI
By utilizing the Wi-Fi Direct technology on your cell phone, you have the ability to swiftly and securely transfer your contacts, as well as efficiently share files between two devices.
To transfer your contacts from one cell phone to another quickly and easily, follow these steps:
- Open the “Contacts” app on your old phone.
- Tap the three dots in the upper right corner and select “Import/Export contacts”.
- Choose the “Share contacts” option.
- Select “Share via” and make sure that the location, Bluetooth, and Wi-Fi on both devices are enabled.
- Your old phone will begin searching for nearby devices. Select your new phone from the list of available devices.
- On your new phone, tap “Accept” to receive the contacts and then tap “Ok” to import them.
By following these steps, you can quickly transfer your contacts from one phone to another with ease.
USING A MICRO SD CARD
An alternative method for transferring contacts between phones is through a micro SD memory card. In addition to being able to store videos, photos, and music, the micro SD card can also serve as a storage medium for contacts.
To transfer your contacts to a micro SD card, follow these steps:
- Open the “Contacts” app on your phone.
- Tap the three dots in the upper right corner of the screen.
- Select “Import/Export Contacts”.
- Choose “Export to Storage”.
- Select “Micro SD card”.
Your contacts are now saved on the micro SD card. To transfer them to a new phone, simply remove the card from your old phone and insert it into the new one. All your contacts will be available on the new phone.